Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Ultimate Compliment

The other day I had a facial done. I was slightly skeptical heading into it because I feared criticizing remarks being directed to my face. This skepticism was magnified when the young lady put a giant microscope with a blinding light over my face and said she was looking closer at my skin than anyone ever has. Uh oh.

Anyhoo, after examining my face closely, she told me I had great pores and people would kill for pores like mine! Aw, shucks. Li'l ol' me? Apparently my pores exist, but they’re nice and small—just the perfect size. Those of you who know me know just as well as I do that I definitely do not have perfect skin. In fact, sometimes I feel like I did when I was 14 and the only person in my entire school (or perhaps the entire world?!) going through an incredibly awkward phase. Braces, a nice little cultivated acne farm, horrendous hair…. You name it I had it.

So, not to toot my own horn here, but wow. I've got great pores. If you ever want to make someone’s day, tell them they have wonderful pores!

If I had an amazing camera and a ridiculously bright light, I would've included a picture of the said pores. Too bad for you, I have neither of those things. :)

No comments :