Saturday, April 28, 2007

My New Calling

Today I discovered my new calling in life. Speech Pathology? Nope. Laying sod!

I admit my initial hesitation to partake in such a chore (on a Saturday no less), but a chore it was not. A pleasure it was indeed. It was so fun! It's like putting together a big giant puzzle and it was soooo satisfying (PS it helps to do it with fun people).

We forgot to take a "before" picture, but use your imagination and visualize the same picture only without the grass.

Dave R and I made a great team. Our section of the yard turned out the best by far (in my humble opinion)


Megan and Mom workin on their section (and Dave K and Stephanie in the background). They did O.K. ;)
Dad was the sod transporter and photographer!


Dave K, Stephanie, and I doing some finishing touches.


Dave R and Megan rolling around on the new lawn. WAHOO!


La produit fini! (One corner of the yard anyway...)

My destiny has now been fulfilled.

4 comments :

shareen said...

well, I'm glad Dad just compared me to Mischa Barton...I'll take that as a compliment and try to forget about the picture he took it from. (gak! those pants!) :) The sod laying looks fun...glad you had a good time...when's the next round?

Anonymous said...

Yeah for GRASS!!!! It looks awesome! Sorry I missed it!

Allison D. said...

Did you guys crack "sod" jokes all day? (i.e. "Oh sod it! I just put that piece in wrong!" :))
I'm glad that you have found your new calling in a patch of grass. :)

:o) A.

PS- Thanks for being the only person who comments on my blog!! YAY! :) I will have to update it soon.
PPS- the pants...hideous...just...I can't even go there.

Melinda said...

megan wins for doing it with a busted up knee.

nice job to all though.

woot!