Sunday, September 25, 2011

week 41 - a ginormously huge pumpkin

Okay seriously though... this is borderline ridiculous. This pumpkin weighs 917lbs, and there's absolutely no way that can be topped. The local 'Giant Pumpkin Festival' just happened to be yesterday, so we were able to slip in and very conspicuously snap a few photos with the huge-onormous pumpkin while Dan and Carlynne held up our white backdrop sheet. I wish I had a picture to show you how absurd the whole scene was (we made quite the public spectacle!), but in our haste to get the job done and leave with as much dignity as possible in tact, we snapped the shot and jetted.

While he doesn't quite hit the 917lb mark, Hazelnut is still big. Basically, he's a fully developed tot just chillin in my uterus. I'm actually querying whether he's now a fully developed toddler.

I really only have one item for my listy-loo, and I believe it's my most profound thought yet...

1. GET OUTTA THERE!!!!

The end.

6 comments :

Chelsea said...

BAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

That is amazing!

Oh dear...

Carol said...

You are so hilarious! Next time you post, surely it will be an announcement about the birth!

emily said...

so, you don't know me, but i stumbled upon your blog a while back and love reading your updates (i'm not a creeper. promise)!

i'm currently 42 weeks and 1 day pregnant. AHH! i feel your pain. i'm trying to go the all natural, birthing center route, but i don't think i'll be able to hold out much longer. good luck to you and here's hoping you don't make it to 42 weeks! :D

Anonymous said...

Good luck and God bless the three of you. Love from Auntie Cheryl

Anonymous said...

That was so cool. I loved reading it. You folks did great obviously. I, too, was a back labour gal long before epidurals were a common thing X 3!! Everyone tells me Fraser is a little doll. So sweet. Love from Auntie Cheryl

Anonymous said...

By the way, Julie, we won't get your mom to recount her labour experiences ... and make us all jealous.