Wednesday, September 21, 2011

week 40 day 3 - THE BABY ROOM!!

Still no baby.... but there sure is a baby ROOM!! Mom, Carlynne and I put the finishing touches on it today, and it's ready to share!

You likey the zebra wall? One day I spontaneously decided that I wanted a zebra print wall. My Mom and I promptly painted the wall ivory, I selected a design, and a very talented friend of ours executed beautifully... THANKS RHONDA! Let's have a look-see close-up shall we?

Isn't it bee-ootiful? And how about that Zebra BUTT (I love cute little animal butts)?...

The bed, by the way, is what I slept in from the time I graduated from a crib until I got married! The room just happens to be big enough to accommodate it!

Here's a close-up of the cutesie little breastfeeding corner...

Carlynne is responsible for all the lovely artwork (i.e., she drew the animals). It is soooooo handy having an artistically brilliant sister. We requested and she delivered. Here are the zebra and giraffe closer up...

Okay now Hazelnut. Seriously. Your ROOM is ready...are YOU??!?!!!

12 comments :

JulieAnne said...

I LOVE it! It looks so good! Can't wait to see it, you, and the baby in real life soon! Thinking of you, praying for you, love you!

Lowell & Julie said...

Soon and very soon, JAJ! xox

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

you know i thought i tried all the tricks to get a baby out. w/ my first i "thought" i walked a lot (but how do you measure a lot I kept thinking) and then my son was 10 days overdue and I had a c-section to an almost 10lb baby. w/ my 2nd son we made a shopping trip to the USA (for last minute baby stuff) and after 4hrs of being on my feet and walking later that night i went into labour and he was born 12 days early at 7lbs. So I don't think it's a myth, you just really got to push it.... but maybe not too much if you're legs are swelling. hmmm not much help i think this is. anyways, hang in there, can't wait to hear the big news!

Q&Z said...

ooo I love the zebra wall!!
Sending lots of love to you guys the next few days, go mighty mama go!

Sneep Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your baby room!!! Nice work!!! Great job on the pics Carlynne!!! So nice!!!!! Zebra wall is great! Can't wait to see the pics of the new Taylor!

Chelsea said...

Oh my! It's PERFECT! I love, love, love your little nursing corner with the "love" sign (pun - intended... another dad joke for Lowell...)

Carlynne's artwork is perfect! And have I seen that cute little lamp before? I don't know how you found so many great things! Can't wait to see it in person... and maybe I'll bring a book I've been promising for quite sometime!

Mama Bear said...

SERIOUS LOVE FOR THIS ROOM! It's like living in a zoo :) And Carlynne's art is so awesome!! Now we just need BABY!!

Angela said...

Very nice! This is all so exciting!!!

Lowell & Julie said...

Thanks for all the love!

Yes Chels, you HAVE seen that lamp before! I do believe it was the first zebra-theme item we owned.:) Come on over and see the room in person... apparently this child is pretty content to stay inside for a while!

Angela and Jenna said...

Jenna wants to know if the front of the zebra is on the other side of the door!?

Lowell & Julie said...

Haha! NOPE- but that would be a really great idea!! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you two do anything half-ass???

Lori Reid