Thursday, December 07, 2006

Roommate Christmas

I have a few passions in life, but one of them really stands out: cups. Cups cups cups cups cups cups cups. Not just any cups, but to-go coffee cups. I save them, and my family & some friends save them for me too. I loooooove drinking out of them (I have a LOT of homemade lattes). I re-use them until they get soggy and the bevy leaks out. They are truly a joy in my life.

So this story is going somewhere. Last night we had our roommate Christmas party. We went to The Creperie for supper and dessert (mmmmmmm....) and exchanged our secret santa gifts. Carrie had my name and she got me...... 50 TO-GO CUPS!! I may just be in heaven.



Roomies left to right: me, Tara, Avery, Carrie, and Carlynne.
(The shutter wasn't all the way open on the camera when the waiter took the picture, but it has kind of a funky effect eh?)

6 comments :

Mama Bear said...

Passionate about cups??

Hmm....well, i've never heard that before. well, that's...um..different. Not that i should talk, i collect sock monkeys for crying out loud!!~

*sigh* we all have our vices ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a new collection for me too. A cute one, though :)

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

Hi, a friend of marc&kylie, before going on I just want to say congrats on your engagement. I enjoyed those pics of the two of you the day after. Tried it with my fiance but he's not much of a poser...or..actually, he's just shy. Before I forget I wanted to say I love your collection, it is the first I've heard of as well, but I too enjoy lattes and other coffee's in the paper cup w/ lid and sleeve much more than a mug. Maybe it's all in my head though....hmmm.
Anyways, I had a favour to ask, if I may....How did you get that counter or I should say Countdown timer on your blog? I want to add something like that too and haven't figured it out(i'm also a bit computer illerterate). I had asked Kylie to ask you for me but...well...you know where that goes. ummm....I hope or else I made her sound bad. oh well, haha
If you can get back to me, that would be great! at our blog or thesarabuns@gmail.com
Thanks a lot!

Susan said...

You re-use them until they're soggy? Hmm..I was with you until that point. :) But all the same, I understand the love of to-go cups. I truly believe they make coffee taste better.

m+K said...

Grace, oops as with many messages, e-mails they all get mixed in a muddle and I forget things. Someone recently asked me to ask Julie something and I asked her right away (about a brand of sugar free syrup) andI got the answer but I forgot to tell my friend until two months later. I am not an effienct go between. Sorry! Julie, I was also wondering if you were going to re-use your new to go cups or if you could part with one after one use. Kylie

Lowell & Julie said...

Oh they'll be re-used. Mark my words. I'm going to see how long I can stretch out 50 of them.
And yes Susan, coffee DEFINITELY tastes better in them!