Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cheesy Farewell to Corbett

Picture of Corbett Hall courtesy of Christie

Corbett Hall is a building at the U of A
Where I have spent all day every day
I learned a lot in this building
And that knowledge with me I hope to bring
A lot of new friends were made
I hope our friendships never fade
In this building, many smiles and laughs we did share
But come exam time, fun and relaxation were rare
Corbett Hall treated me well this last couple years
And as I leave it, I may shed a few tears
Today my last exam I did write
And now I shall spread my wings and take flight

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Julie I love your little poem. How touching.

---Yahhoooo we're all done!---

Alex

m+K said...

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
What a nice feeling it must be to be done. You are free as a bird! Go fly away, spread your wings and soar. Carpe Diem. You hold tomorrow in your hands! I could go on and on! ENjoy your grad baby!!!! Love, Kylie

Mama Bear said...

*sigh* one day, i too shall hope to fly like a bird. But it's another 3.5 years of school for me :(

It must feel great to be done!!~

m+K said...

I didn't even notice your last line until now. I must have subliminally used it to be the basis of my comment! You are talented Julie if you can get me to do that! Kylie

Susan said...

Yay Julie!! That is so great! I have always admired that building and wondered what it looked like on the inside. Is it as pretty inside? :) Have a great Christmas!!