Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Published!

I, along with Inge Genee and Christie Nemeth, published an article in the Canadian Journal of Netherlandic Studies. Our article is called The Dutch language in Southern Alberta: An investigation into patterns of minority language shift. It's basically about how Dutch, as a minority language, has been maintained through the generations because there are a lot of Dutch immigrants in Southern Alberta.
We're actually published in the Fall 2005 issue, but I just received my copy last week!

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!

Mama Bear said...

congrats! that's exciting!

Susan said...

Yahoo! That sounds really interesting..you'll have to tell me all about it. Congratulations!

shareen said...

I like your counter...what time exactly are you getting married? I assume you've decided already...and have you accounted for daylight savings time? :)

Lowell & Julie said...

Good point. We're assuming we'll get married at 2 or 2:30pm. Hmmm...we may have to modify the counter (unless it's so high tech that it takes it into account? I don't know, I'm deflecting this question to Lowell. LOWELL HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO LEAVE A COMMENT!)

Unknown said...

Shareen, You doubt the technical abilities of this computer geek? *wink*

The countdown is set to July 28th, 2007 at 2:00pm. And yes, it does take into account daylight savings time. =)

So you can feel confident in following the countdown religiously until the great day arrives.

240 days to go! Wahoo

annulla said...

Congratulations!