Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ethan Moreau.... my Oiler friend

Me and ETHAN MOREAU!!!

Those who know me well know that I loooove famous connections. Well, today I added another one to the list!
The Oilers Foundation donated $135,000 to Dr. Boliek (one of my profs) and her new lab. We (my classmates and I) were there to witness the big donation, and Ethan Moreau was there to represent the Oilers. For more information on the donation and what Dr. Boliek's lab is all about, please go here.

How did I meet Ethan you ask?? Well, I didn't really meet him per se at first, but I certainly did touch him and get my picture taken with him. Initially I was just trying to get as close to him as possible, just so I could say how close I got to him. But when Ryan and I were attempting this feat, I saw that my classmate Gabi had a camera on her that she handed over to Ryan to take pictures of her and some other classmates in the new lab. When I noticed this, I saw an opportunity. Ethan was having a conversation with someone, and I thought it would be a good idea to force Ryan to take a picture while I casually smiled right beside him.You'll notice in the picture above that Ethan is unaware that a picture is being taken of him (or he's completely aware and just humouring me). Sneaky I know.

A couple minutes later, when I noticed that other people were taking real pictures with Ethan, I saw a new opportunity. I touched his arm to get his attention and bravely asked if I could get my picture with him (I swallowed my pride long ago when it comes to approaching even remotely famous people). I could've acted all girly and crazy and actually displayed my excitment and giddiness at meeting him, but I kept those feelings at bay. I wouldn't want him to think I'm like every other screaming annoying fan (although I may be worse...) Anyhoo, he agreed (of course) and Lesley Ann took a real picture of us. You may not believe this last bit of information as I do not yet have a copy of this picture, but mark my words: as soon as I get a copy, you'll be seeing it!

I should also mention that this whole shindiggity was on the news, and who do you think was also on the news, casually walking directly behind Ethan as he was being interviewed? Ryan and I! (By the way, Ryan is my classmate and clinical partner for those of you who are confused by this mysterious Ryan). I think this story will be on the news again tonight on Global Edmonton at 11pm...and probably tomorrow morning too.

I'm so proud of me (and Dr. Boliek of course)!

3 comments :

Mama Bear said...

if you hadn't had that picture on your blog, i never would have believed that story.

kidding, kidding

*i don't know who ethan moreau is but i'll assume he's edmonton's version of trevor linden and i will respond with "whew hoo"*

shareen said...

wow, honesty AND ethan moreau? what MORE could you ask for in a girl?? I believe this truly rounds you out as a human being, I think you should change your name to "oprah".

Lowell & Julie said...

What can I say? Lowell's a lucky man! ;)