Sunday, November 29, 2009

Movember... (the men in my family are ridiculous)

While I support the idea behind ‘Movember’ (a mustache-growing charity event meant to highlight men's health issues), I don’t like what it does to the faces of the men in my family.

Lowell grew a mustache for Movember last year in NZ, and it looked ridiculous.

Since he’s somewhat of a professional now, he thought better than to creep out his clients with a patchy ‘stache.

This year Marc & Daniel are participating. Marc looks like a cop (his words not mine)…

And Dan looks like a used car salesman from the 70s.

I always thought that my Dad was the only man in the world who could pull off the mustache look. Up until April of this year, I never knew my Dad without a mustache. However, now that he has mowed his upper lip, I prefer him clean-shaven (as does my Mom who has threatened him if he ever decides to re-grow it).

I think Daddio & Marc look super handsome clean-shaven...

Daniel also looks awesome...

And that Lowell character is just plain HOT (in my completely unbiased opinion)...

Here's to hopin that all unnecessary 'staches are gone by December first (which I think they will be if Kylie and Carlynne have anything to do with it)!

4 comments :

m+K said...

long live the moustache!

i will NOT be shaving my stache this week (kylie just punched me!) as it is just now becoming fulsome and majestic.

i did catch a lot of flack about it at work today (as a professional). the nurses also want it gone.

Mama Bear said...

yep, my bro-in-law also did the moustache (with handle bars). He looks like some kind of cowboy from an old western film. But he raised $1500!
My sister can't wait for tuesday when he shaves it off! ha.

landomartz said...

I think Marc looks good with a mustache!...Sorry Dan, and Lowell...

Lowell & Julie said...

Martz- don't you be giving Marc any ideas! I think Kylie would have your head!