Sunday, December 30, 2007

Top 3 Purchases of 2007

3. Humidifier


After realizing that the humidity in Hawaii tamed my allergies, Lowell and I decided to pump up the humidity in our 20% humid condo. We had a gift certificate for Linen's 'n Things, and Lowell did his usual "so this is on sale today?" bit which got us an extra 20% off so we got a killer humidifier. It keeps my allergies down, our skin glowing (probably because we stick our faces in the steam and get wet), and it entertains children (and adults) to boot.

2. GPS

We don't leave home without it anymore. We purchased it because I do several home visits a month and was not familiar with random residential pockets of the city. I'm sure it's saved me TONS of gas, time, tears, loneliness, and intelligence. "Jill" knows absolutely everything. I sort of half shut off my brain when I'm driving with her because she just tells me exactly what to do (which may or may not be a good thing).

1. Our wedding bands

Picture courtesy of kev & Duane of course!

This was the best investment of the year... and of our lives!

Here's to some great (and inexpensive!) purchases in 2008...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

5 comments :

Bloggy Mama said...

Amazing picture and very cool post. I may just copy you!
Catch you next year!

David said...

Is that the Garmin Nuvi 250? I just bought one myself, they were on Boxing day sale for $149.99 on Dell.ca!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

MAY YOUR NEW YEAR BE FILLED WITH LOVE, PEACE AND JOY AND THAT THE GOD OF HOPE GIVE YOU ALL OF THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART.

Unknown said...

Dave,

no it is not a 250. We bought the Nuvi 350. It will speak the names of the roads for us. "Turn left of Saskatchewan Drive" It also has a bunch of other added features that the entry level GPS units do not have. But any Garmin product is a good purchase! I would not want to be without ours for any roadtrip!
Happy New Year,
- Lowell

megan said...

Yes, the humidifier is every allergy bearer's best friend- now you need to get an air purifier with a HEPA air filter. Then you will almost be bionic, but will feel better. AND it works even better if you wear a loincloth!