Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Photobust- behind the scenes

It is getting increasingly difficult to get good shots of these two hooligans. And by good, I mean totally posed with brilliant, not-at-all-fake smiles. Fraser is at the age where (shameless) candy bribery usually works, but even then... the temptation to steamroll Stefan is just too much. And Stefan. Ohhhhh Stefan. He has become a hard nut to crack! He doesn’t smile with a single look anymore, he’s MUCH more interested in using his army crawl/snake pull to explore than looking at the camera, and he does not yet grasp the very important concept of candy bribery.

And of course. If one of them is looking all picturesque, the other one is, well, not. With eyes half closed.


 Or they just both look ridiculous.



Okay, modify cheesey props.

Or not...


 Adjust positions? Noooo...


I guess we'll just have to settle for some individual shots.



 But even then...


This is me saying “Listen here son. If you WANT that gummy worm, you WILL leave that sticker on your face. And smile. While looking at the camera. And NOT pinning Stefan to the floor.”


Nope.


Another day, another try.


No? Alrighty then.

Sigh. They’re 10 months old and 2 years old…I have GOT to change my expectations.

Or, just use the props ourselves.




Funny back story here. A couple of weeks ago, I eagerly shared with Lowell, "It's Valentine's Day in two weeks and I got some props for a fun photo shoot!" He looked a little more excited than I expected him to, and I was like, "Ohhhhh. Sorry. FOR THE KIDS!" hehe. So here it is, Lowell. This photo shoot included me... appeased? No? hah!

PS- We did get a few semi usable photos of the children despite overly cheesey props and not-in-a-cooperative-mood children. Happy Valentine's Day from the dazzling duo...




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Haha! That was a lot of fun- for me, maybe not you! :)
Love,
Nana