Week 35, and this tiny fetus child is about the length of a Diadora Top Spin racquet- just over 18 inches. Don't feel dumb... I bought one and I STILL don't know what it is.
1. It's St. Patty's Day! And I may have gone a tad overboard with the props this time around...
I love this picture of Fraser & Nico. It LOOKS super Sears-y and posed, but it was least posed. All them, baby. Future models (well, SEARS models) in the making...
My attempt at being creative for St. Patrick's Day was clover leaf-shaped pancakes on a green plate. And by pancakeS, I mean pancake (singular), as I only made the one hehe...
2. You know you're large when...
- Kids either flock to you and embrace your stomach while asking tons of questions about the baby OR run a very wide circle around you while shooting a look of extreme concern at their parents.
- Adults politely say, "You look, uh, uncomfortable."
- People adamantly suggest that you're carrying twins, and respond with "Are you sure?" when you insist that you're not.
- It takes 10 minutes to put undies on.
- When walking through crowded places, you note the exact moment one's peripheral vision catches a glimpse of your swollen midsection as their gaze dramatically drops to your protruding belly- and it happens over and over and over.... and over again.
(Not complaining about any of these things by the way. I find them very amusing... at least on a temporary basis. I wish I had a video recorder on my belly to catch all the reactions. This must be what women with giant boobs feel like).
3. Remember Fraser's toot trick (responding by making a farting sound with his mouth when asked "What does a toot say?" and "Bum!" when asked where a toot comes from)? Well, he's only been doing it for us. He will not do it for others when we attempt to show off his brilliance. He gives us this look like, 'please Mom, that is soooo inappropriate.' Is it sad that our one-year old has a better social filter than us?
4. This baby within me continues to be extremely active- aggressively so. I'm convinced that he/she alternates between using the cyst and my bladder as punching bags.
5. Fraser seems to be obsessed with things that start with the letter B. His favourite things are bowls, buckets, balls, balloons, bunny, buttons, bear, bath, bubbles... perhaps he likes them because he's so good at the /b/ sound. Or possibly because he's a kid and all kids love those things and I'm just not mentioning the other things he loves that DON'T start with /b/.
(He's also in dire need of a belt apparently... HEY! Another B word!)
6. My parents are extremely proficient emoticon texters. They tell entire stories using only emoticons, and it's enviable how well they know their way through the emoticon dictionary. It takes them like 15 minutes to put together a four-word text, but they can assemble a long string of meaningful emoticons in seconds. Inspirational!
7. Three years ago today, the G family reproduced for the first time... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY! I can't believe that lovable ball of energy is THREE already. And come June, there will be FIVE G grandkiddies. Yep, it took us a long time to get started, but once we start... THERE'S NO STOPPING US!!
(Both pictures stolen from Marc & Kylie)
9. Two weeks until Baby Prediction Contest 2.0 CLOSES. Remember? $50 up for grabs? Better go vote. Like, now.