Sunday, March 10, 2013

week 34 - baseball socks


Week 34 and this fetus child is nearly 18 inches long- about the length of a pair of baseball socks (from the ankle up, and specifically meant for men with size 9-12 feet). Totally legit.
For the past several weeks, I have blindly ambled into the garage with a measuring tape, crossing my fingers that I'll find something- ANYTHING- that's remotely sporty and close to the current fetal length. I've been sort of grasping at straws, and this week I FINALLY caved and took a trip to Sport Chek. Trust me, I looked really cool with measuring tape in hand assessing the size of various sporting equipment. I scored some items for the next couple of weeks, and don't worry- I was really clear on the return policy. I don't anticipate requiring a pair of red men's baseball socks any time soon.

1. I am LARGE. And totally in charge. When I was 40 weeks pregnant with Fraser, my belly was 43 inches around. I'm now 34 weeks preggs, and I'm ONE INCH off at 42 inches. This has me somewhat terrified (and yes, I blame the cyst).


I'm at that stage where I realize how much I normally take for granted the simple things in life. Things like putting on pants. And shoes. The signs I ABSOLUTELY DREAD to see in public are those to the effect of "please remove shoes". Yes, I suppose I can... but between this belly, my hips, and Fraser, I may not be getting them back on. Fortunately, there are few signs requesting that I remove my pants.

2. Fraser has upgraded his "Noooo" to "nooway." He's so serious, but we can't help but burst into laughter. It's just darling.

3. Last weekend we headed to the farm to visit Grandma & Grandpa T and take PUPPY PICTURES (there are 16 of Kumeu's siblings for sale, y'all)! We love puppies, and we love taking pictures... so it only makes sense that we love taking puppy pictures. Unfortunately I wasn't really on my game (as I had developed a nasty head cold), so poor Lowell had to deal with inpatient Julie barking commands like "it's good enough- photo shop it later"; "NEXT" etc etc. We still got great shots, and here's a tiny glimpse of the cuteness (although there are likely even cuter ones but I have not yet looked through all of them)...




Goin in for a kiss...


Adorable chaos...


4. February Project 365 photos. And GO...

Prepping for our big cooking day with cookbooks (and lattes!) strewn about.

My final solo preggo-and-fraser-in-back-pack trip to the steep/hilly dog run!

Lowell was really proud of his Lego creations.

Fraser loooves buckets... "Buttet? Buttet! Buttet!"

On this particular morning, Fraser requested milk and water, then sauntered over  to his little table/chair set, gently placed both cups on the table, sat down, looked at me (while I was attempting to inconspicuously take a picture),
flashed his pearly whites and - unprompted - said "CHEESE!"

This is how we read books.

Fraser and Daddy looking at family pictures.

I looked after these three together, and they all slept during the same 2-3 hours.
Fraser + Liam + Nico = the Dream Team!

1,2,3 kiss from Nana & Papa!

Birthday walk with Shareen!


Pants optional play dates are our favourite kind of play dates!

No one tells ME I can't rock girlie cups!

"Mommy, I think I need another hair cut."

Our 10th Dateversary at the Red Dress Gala (at which I was the only woman not in a red dress)!

Fraser has become very fond of clipping things together... and incredibly proficient!

Obviously thrilled about visiting Uncle Ryan & Auntie Julie Anne (25 weeks pregnant) in Orion.

First bath with BUBBLES!

Drowning our sorrows in caramel macchiatos when we found out that we would NOT
be seeing Celine Dion as anticipated. Boo hoo.

Bye bye kisses for Daddy!

It's a race!

Holding our luggage hostage just before leaving for Vegas.

VEGAS BABY! And this is as close as we got to Celine.

Fountain dance at the Bellagio.

Preggas in Vegas! Carlynne at 25 weeks, giant Julie only 7 weeks ahead at 32 weeks.

Clothes basket rides with Uncle G-Reim!
WherEVER did he learn THAT???!!!!?!

If this is how easy/fun it is to have two kids, I can totally hack it.

Cool dude on the trike.

5. GO VOTE ALREADY! There IS a deadline, you know, and it's April 1st. So hop to it! Baby Prediction Contest 2.0.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yo Sis. My wife is 37 inches around at the momento. For your information.

Lowell & Julie said...

Thanks for the info, bro. A mere 5 inches until she catches me... GO CARLYNNE!!