Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Gifts from the MotherLand

A little taste of home arrived in the mail yesterday… from Marc & Kylie!

It included a sexy Canadian Viking hat (along with other patriotic trinkets)…

(I’m pretty sure “sexy” wasn’t on the sales tag, but it should be now!)

It also included CHOCOLATE (like, 16 bars. Two down, 14 more to go!), a CHEESE KNIFE, a PEOPLE MAGAZINE, and an OLD FASHIONED CHRISTIAN ROMANCE NOVEL! These are some of my most favourite things in life…all in one little bundle.

Coffee Crisp and Caramilk bars don’t exist here in NZ. One cannot teach Kiwis about s’mores if one does not have Caramilk bars to have in the s’mores. One also cannot teach one about s’mores if one EATS ALL 12 BARS first. I'm trying to control myself, but it’s hard when they constantly scream my name.

People magazine. I admit a weakness to (somewhat constantly) checking the People website to keep tabs on celebrity gossip, but there’s something really refreshing about actually flipping through a magazine rather than pressing ‘next’ 'next' 'next'. Plus, dial-up speed internet really reduces the pleasure one is meant to derive from perusing the People website.

Old fashioned Christian romance novel. Everyone knows I love a good OFCRN. One of my favourite authors is Linda Ford who just happens to be my cousin’s wife’s Mom. Now if THAT’S not a connection, I don’t know what is.

Cheese knife. I hate cutting cheese with a regular knife. Cheese knives make the world go round.

Oh, and they also sent PICTURES. We love receiving pictures from family & friends (as well as artwork from nieces!). We're going to invest in some magnets and create a beautiful collage to display on the fridge!

THANKS MARC & KYLIE. We love everything- but not as much as we love you.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where's my chocolate??:)

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise!! Good job Kylie and Marc! Looks like you hit the hearts of our Kiwi family!!
Love Mum :)

Mama Bear said...

packages from home at the best!

m+K said...

Wow, our package got a blog post! Glad you guys enjoyed everything, it sure came fast!!

Q&Z said...

Yay, you guys look like you are having so much fun!