Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Break (is over...*sniff sniff*)

Mercy me! Not only has Spring Break already flown by, but so has another week of work. Unbelievable how fast time flies. Our break was indeed very pleasant. We didn't go anywhere (although we were tempted by a wicked awesome last minute deal to Costa Rica), but the days all managed to fill up and fly by.

To start things off, Marc & Kylie (and their computers) were here from the Thursday night before Spring Break until Monday. Kylie had a bit of a rough start, but she managed to pull herself together soon enough:) They weren't even here for 5 minutes when Kylie sat on our poof (kind of like a bean bag chair but not) and unexpectedly flipped over backwards and cranked her head on the heat register. About 3 minutes later, she helped herself to cranberry juice- using a SIPPY CUP- and spilled cranberry juice all over her sweater. It was all extremely entertaining.




We were all very proud of the impressive line-up of computers (most of all Lowell). Lowell misses having their computers around… and we miss them of course too!

While they were here, we had a surprise (lingerie) shower for Carlynne. Large amounts of (somewhat shocking) fun was had by all…

On Tuesday, we spent some time with Dave, Janelle, & Katelyn (Janelle is Lowell's sister). That was incredibly enjoyable, and it's always so great to get to know our growing little niece better. She's just so dang adorable.

Don't you just want to pinch her cute little cheekies?

The highlight of Wednesday was going on an adventurous romp through the forest (i.e., river valley) with Jenna.


Sandal-clad Jenna impressed me with her adventurous spirit and graceful ice-maneuvering. It was springy warm outside, but the trail we traipsed had random blocks of intense ice that couldn't be avoided- so we embraced those moments.

All I clearly remember about Thursday is trying a yoga class with Lowell. I thought it was very brave of Lowell to join me! Turns out that I suck and Lowell's an all-star. While the instructor was leading the class, another lady walked around and made sure that everyone was performing the postures appropriately. She corrected me 4 or 5 times in the first 20 minutes. Did she approach Lowell at all? Nope! Lowell was right in there. He turned to me with a sly little grin and said, "rookie". Who's the flexible, limber female in this relationship anyway?

I don't remember what we did for the rest of the week/weekend (other than the naps), but I do know that it was very relaxing and fun. I just don't have any pictures to remind myself of this fact (or prove it to you).

And now, after a week back at work, JAJ (Julie Anne Joy—Lowell's sis) just got here! We're gonna live it up in springy Edmonton!

4 comments :

Mama Bear said...

wow. i can't believe how much ice is on the ground!

Bloggy Mama said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Dating said...

I was just in your neck of the woods this weekend visiting my brother and the weather was just wonderful!!! It was soooo warm!!! And I was worried that I didn't pack my winter boots hehehe.

Glad to hear you had a relaxing break :-) It's nice to just take it easy and have naps :)

David Hay said...

I actually have never commented on a blog before so consider yourselves lucky ;)
I guess I should check our your blog more often so I can see cute pics. of my daughter. Thanks for having us over. It was great to spend time with you. We will have to do it again soon.
Love you both.
Janelle (for the 4 of us)